Kundan International School feels privileged to be chosen as the lead collaborator school in Hubs of learning programme. In order to ensure the enhancement of quality education and for self-improvement, the cluster schools have been working in unison for about a year for collaborative growth. The members of the cluster schools meet frequently to chalk out the activities and maintain record of all those activities which are undertaken jointly. The former Principal of the lead collaborator school briefed the member schools about the features of the Hubs of Learning, importance, significance and the nine characteristics of high performance schools as per directions of CBSE. The aim of the cluster schools is to provide quality education, adoption of innovative pedagogies, experimental and active learning, to focus on skills, arts and sports, capacity building for teachers and holistic development of the child through life skills and value based education. The annual hub calendar was chalked out by the cluster schools for resource sharing and working efficiently towards a common goal. The Lead Collaborator School in collaboration with the member schools took up various activities from time to time. The activities regarding PISA were discussed in the meeting where the members of the cluster schools suggested to share the best practices, worksheets and question papers. Number of workshops were organised for the teachers to promote academic enrichment through seminars and workshops for exchange of ideas, instructional strategies and assessment procedure.
Members of the previous hub:
- Kundan International School (Lead Collaborator)
- Ashian Public School, Sector 46.
- Divya Public school, Sector 44.
- AKSIPS , Sector 45 .
- Aanchal International School, Sector 40.
- GGSSSS, Sector 35.
Kundan International School, Chandigarh along with the cluster schools created a congenial atmosphere for its learners and continued to empower the teachers for their professional growth.
School Visits: Regular school Visits and meetings with the cluster schools are being carried out to check the activities and augmentation of our hub with the objective to enhance learners who are ready to face the challenges once they step out of their comfort zone.
The following activities have so far been conducted by cluster schools :
- Say No to Plastic: The students of cluster schools made paper bags which were distributed among the vendors to create awareness about the harmful effects of plastic.
- Formation of Human Chain as a part of ‘Fit India and Clean India Movement’ to inculcate the spirit of cleanliness among the masses (in collaboration with Rotary Club Midtown, Chandigarh).
- Visit to Sorem by cluster Schools, to create a feeling of empathy and caring among students.
- Rangoli competition: to help students to harmoniously celebrate festivals and inculcate creativity among learners.
- Nursery Rhyme competition and Inter School Kids Mania.
Various workshops and seminars were organised for teachers as a part of cluster activities so that the teachers can enhance and explore their skills for effective and meaningful teaching.
Activities conducted with cluster schools:
- ‘Say no to Plastic’ in collaboration with cluster schools (Kundan International School)
- Formation of the Human chain as a part of ‘Swacch Bharat’ Drive. ( Rotary Club)
- Work Shop on Learning Disability. (Ashiana Public School)
- Work shop on ‘Art and Craft’. (Kundan International School)
- Visit to Sorem by the students of cluster school (Kundan International School)
- Rangoli Competition (Aanchal International School)
- Workshop on capacity building (Divya Public School)
- Inter school Kids Mania (Kundan International School)
- Visit to old age home (GGSSSS Sector 35 )
- Blood Donation Camp (Kundan International School)
- Adult Literacy Programme (Kundan International School)
Members of New Hub (HUB ID-2833)
- Kundan International School (Lead collaborator)
- Ashiana Public School, Sector 46.
- AKSIPS, Sector 45
- Divya Public School, Sector 44.
- GGSSSS, Sector 35.
- Aanchal International School ,Sector 40
- GSSS, Sector 33.
Kundan International school was assigned the above mentioned schools in January 2020 for working in collaboration towards a common goal. We hope and aspire to work more efficiently and effectively to promote collaborative activities and team work.